blog ocho
Whats up youtube! Today in class we discussed the habits of inviting people over to your house as well as individualism and collectivism in different countries. The U.S. is stated to be one of the most individualist countries. I can back this up being from America, as community is something that you really have to search for in my country.
Inviting people over in my country really is more of a personal thing, there is not much stigma when it comes to inviting people over, especially not as much as in japan. Ive never been big into inviting people to my house, because it is so small, also because when i was younger i felt embarrassed by my family.
i believe that a combination of collectivism and individualism is important in a country. Too much of anything is bad. take America for example, there is far too much individualism, to be successful and make a lot of money its hard to not sacrifice your morals, or at least be super individualist. Japan is a far more collectivist country, group work is emphasized from early in schoolbut there is still a lot of lonlieness going on
Thats all folks!
Nice observations. Being from a traditional western country myself i feel like all countries that fall into this group are more individualistic. Maybe a result of late stage capitalism. This sh*t is getting deep
ReplyDeleteHey Yuji!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your post man, I feel you in the fact of being embarrassed of your family, in my case sometimes I wanted to invite friends but my family wasn't the cleanest so I just guide them directly to my room
About the other topic think the same as you ,sometimes it's better to be int the middle, cause an extreme will always make struggle
It's well-known that America is such a typical example of individualism haha. I really appreciate your opinion that a balance between individualism and collectivism is essential when someone regards them as binary. About inviting guests over thing, honestly, I am also not into that..
ReplyDelete